Our Safe Sport Commitment
We believe everyone has the right to enjoy the sport of racquetball at whatever level or position they participate. Athletes, coaches, officials and volunteers have the right to participate in a safe and inclusive training and competitive environment that is free of abuse, harassment or discrimination.
We are committed to a Safe Sport Framework that is led by PREVENTION enhanced by EDUCATION and has a REPORTING process all supported by a strong set of POLICIES.
We continue to take action to protect those involved in racquetball and encourage all clubs, facilities, provincial associations and tournament organizers to do the same.
- We have adopted the Universal Code of Conduct to Prevent and Address Maltreatment in Sport (UCCMS). The UCCMS is the core document that sets harmonized rules for conduct and behaviour to advance a respectful sport culture that delivers quality, inclusive, accessible, welcoming, and safe sport experiences. All those who become registered participants in Racquetball BC activities are required to agree to adhere to the UCCMS, as well as the policies of the organization.
- We are guided by a robust set of Safe Sport policies.
- We have taken the Responsible Coaching Movement pledge.
- We engage an Independent Third Party Case Manager (ITP) to facilitate complaints that don’t fall within the jurisdiction of the Office of the Sport Integrity Commissioner (OSIC).
- Our National Sport Organization has joined Abuse-Free Sport, the independent program to prevent and address maltreatment in sport in Canada.
Further information about each of the protections we have in place can be found in the Safe Sport sections of our website.